Sometimes, in the midst of all the insanity, you have to find a moment of rest.
That’s what we’re up to this week, and it’s definitely time!
What with one thing and another, things have been really crazy around here – as evidenced by the fact that we keep forgetting to blog! It’s been something like this:
- Finally found a way to increase visibility on Etsy – which is wonderful, except that it means spending a lot of time and attention.
- The holiday shopping season is fast approaching, and there are so many ideas that we want to make and put out there on our Etsy shops!
- The dryer isn’t drying, which makes laundry days slow. And then –
- The washer developed homicidal mania (apparently), which makes laundry days impossible!
- And the oven door won’t close.
- And I stepped on a thorn! (Ok, that one’s a personal complaint!)
- November’s coming, which means NaNoWriMo! and also:
- Craft Fairs!
So – with all of this craziness happening and requiring urgent attention and lots of work – we’ve decided to take a week off from Etsy!
Counter-intuitive? Yes! But it’s a good time to step back and get a bit of perspective on where we’re going, which projects actually require our attention, and where our emphasis should be.
It should be interesting: No Etsy work, or talk, or shop work, is allowed. Instead, Hannah and Sarah and I will work on sewing some personal Autumn and Winter clothes, and focus on planning the novels we’re writing in November.
Sometimes, you need to step away from it all and take a break!
(Of course, you can also use the coupon code “Halloween” for %15 off anything in my store, where I also have free shipping on Autumnal items. I’m really pleased with how my Autumn Ephemeral Earring line came out! Please feel free to take an inspiring look!)
And here is a slideshow of our recent excursions, for a bit of distance-recreation: