And so the week of Thanksgiving comes to an end. It seemed like a very short week, and I really enjoyed it.
When I was reading about Thanksgiving I saw that, before it was ‘official’ people would give thanks to God for the past year’s harvest- a kind of contemplation on the closing year and its blessings. So, I’ve decided to list 5 things that have changed in my life in the past year, which I am thankful for.
So, I will begin (this list is in no particular order, just how they come to me)
1. I am thankful for Etsy. I know- that’s kind of obvious. It’s one of the main points of this blog, is to show our Etsy shops. But in this case I am especially making a point that Etsy has changed my life.
For instance, NaNoWriMo is this month and I was really close to not doing it this year, especially since I hadn’t come up with a story. I came up with something, but I’ve been busy thinking and working on my shop.
2. I am thankful for FWDGF. That doesn’t make much sense! It stands for French Women Don’t Get Fat, which I have not read. We use a couple of recipes from that book, and I intend to read it soon.
Of course fitness is a challenge for us, like everyone else in one way or another. This has helped me because a big part the author, Mireille Guiliano, makes is that- to put it shortly- It doesn’t take a plateful of something to enjoy it. This has helped me remember that, if I’m not enjoying the store-bought apple pie slice as much as a homemade one, I don’t need to finish it.
3. I am thankful for Bing searches. For a while I scorned Bing, because I thought any search engine does the job you need (which is still true). However, with Bing searches you can earn points and get little coupon/gift cards. This has helped me because I’ve ended up looking up styles, techniques, types and dog breeds (the last one is technically irrelevant but very cute) that has helped me become more comfortable experimenting with a lot of things in my life, including my Etsy shop.
4. I am thankful for Bible Studies. Hannah and my Mum are doing a Bible study (BSF) and I tend to tag along with anybody that’s going somewhere. (I’m a little too much like our black lab, in that I like to go places even if it makes so sense). During that time I read up on things, write or meet with our friend, mentioned many times before, Lexi. I’m not a good talker, so sometimes we end up staring off into space for a few minutes at a time, but I really enjoy it.
5. I am thankful for new adventures. Duh! Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how else to say this one.
Earlier this year, after our boutique, we, along with some friends, were in need of a proper Summer break. Well, as I’m sure many people have discovered, you kind of need a week for preparation, a week to do things and then a week to take a break before getting back into life. Our vacation turned out a little crazier than some of us expected, but I absolutely loved it. We went boat paddling, which was a new experience for me, and I realized during that time that I just need (and can) get out and try some things I’ve never even heard of.
These are the 5 things I’m thankful for that have changed in the past year, and you probably haven’t heard the last of them.
And so the week of Thanksgiving is coming to a close. I hope everyone had a great week with safe travels and not-too-insane shopping.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
(possibly to be continued, with a possible guest post from our Mum)